How to Fix This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine Error: If your computer or laptop is showing the message that your windows is not genuine, that it simply means that your windows is a pirated version and it was not downloaded and installed from the official Windows site or market.
“Your Windows is not genuine” message is something that some of the Windows users gets and you are probably one of them, that’s why you are here looking for the solution. In this article, we will surely make you solve windows is not genuine how to fix this issue without any type of extra errors or problems.
Now you might be wondering how you can fix this issue if you have a pirated Windows version, well let’s talk about how the “Your Windows is not genuine” message never showed up before and now it suddenly shows up every time you start your PC or Laptop. The reason behind this message showing up late is because your PC works with your windows version normally when you have installed it for the first time but this issue usually happens after 2-3 months of using the pirated version of Windows.
So today in this article I’m going to show you how you can get rid of this issue and fix it. This issue has been faced by lots of Windows users and they cannot set wallpapers anymore and they have to have the blank screen all the time.
The method I’m going to show you, work on 32bit and 64bit Windows 7. Most of the PCs are running 32 or 64-bit computer so your PC will get fixed if you follow the steps below. If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then you can look at other places because they have different types of issues with the OS version. Also, this type of issue only occur in Windows 7 and other windows OS might not face the same issue.
Why do you need to fix windows not genuine error?
- The first and the most visible issue created by this error is not able to change or have the wallpaper. The screen just turns black all the time with that “Your Windows is not genuine” message on the right bottom.
- The performance of your PC will get reduced a little which can be a little frustrated.
- Your laptop or PC may drain the battery a lot quicker than it used to be.
- This type of errors makes you demotivated and your productivity level goes down drastically.
- Restrictions occur here and there in the operating system.
Further details about “Your Windows is not genuine” issue is based on Windows 7. So if you have this problem on your Windows 7 then go ahead and read each and every method carefully.
How to Fix “This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine” Error
There are three simple steps which you can follow properly and your PC will fix the Non-Genuine issue.
1. Uninstall Updates–Uninstall the update is a must before you do anything else because if you have an update file, it will detect your windows OS and will give you Non-Genuine issue every time. So uninstall the KB971033 from your computer.
How to uninstall KB971033
- Open the control panel and click on the Windows update section.
- Now look for all the installed update and search for KB971033.
- Uninstall KB971033 and restart your PC.
2. Use command actions – After uninstalling KB97100 you can now follow the further process.
So next step is to use command action from the start button.
- Click on start and type “cmd”.
- Now right-click on the command prompt and run it as an Administrator.
- Now type “SLMGR – REARM” on the command prompt search area.
- Now press enter.
- The SLMGR – REARM will reset the license of your windows as it was before when you first used it for the first time.
- Now click OK and restart your PC.
If “SLMGR- REARM” doesn’t work you can use “SLMGR/REARM” as well.
3. Stop Updating –Since your license has been renewed, you are now using the original windows version. The only thing you need to keep in mind that do not update your windows files otherwise it will show you the same error again.
How to stop Updating.
- Open Control panel and go to Windows update.
- You will see an option “Install updates automatically”, click on it.
- Now select the option “Never check for updates”.
Now your PC will not look for updates anymore automatically. Make sure you don’t update your windows system because if you update your PC automatically or manually there is a high chance that you will face the same issue until and unless you buy the original product from the Windows store.
So I hope you guys now know how you can fix the “This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine” issue.
Other types of error,
- Windows is not genuine.
- this copy of windows is not genuine 7601
- This copy of Windows is not Genuine Vista.
- This copy of Windows is not Genuine 6002.
- This copy of Windows is not Genuine crack.
- This Computer is not Running Genuine Windows.
- This Copy of Windows is not Genuine 7600.