Cydia is like the IOS app store with extra features and qualities that allow you to download any of the app you want to, it is an App store for Jailbroken device. Cydia was developed by Jay Freeman and was made in 2008 in February, it is another app to your installer app. Months before apple released App store, Cydia was there so that you can install third-party application.
By a year Cydia has got almost 10 % of the apple users which alone speaks of its popularity. For using Cydia you need to jailbreak your device, actually Cydia is important for a jailbreaked device else it will have no special benefits of Jailbreaking. Both are interlink to each other and works together.
Features of Cydia for iOS devices
This app has so many features which you can’t resist from. Some of the highlighting features are as mentioned below:
- With Cydia you get absolutely amazing themes to choose from.
- Lets you download any of the third party app you want to, even if you are not able to find it in the Appstore.
- Changing of icons and fonts and lock screen is also one of its helpful features.
- You get Cydia after jailbreak and so you can install any of the third party app you want to even if it’s not in the app store.
- So many lockscreen themes.
- Best app for those who just had jailbreaked their device.
Steps to download Cydia for iOS (iPhone/iPad)
First you need to make sure that your device is Jailbroken otherwise you can’t download and use this app in your IOS device. After it is done you need to follow these steps:
- At first make sure that your IOS version is updated for your device.
- Next you need to make sure that you have the safari app, launch it and open the search engine.
- At the screen bottom you will see an UP arrow tap on it once the page is loaded.
- A new window will open where you will see an option “Add to Home screen”, just tap on that.
- Now save the Cydia app and do rename it to Cydia.
- You will see the icon on your device that names Cydia, just tap on it and launch it.
- Now you can use the app in your Jailbroked device.
Well this was much of about the Cydia app and how to install it. With the help of this article we told you about the app and about the steps you can follow to download the app. This app was developed in 2008 and has become quite popular and interesting after that. In only an year it gained the trust of ten percent of Apple users ad at today’s time it is far much better and popular. Hopefully this article was helpful to you and was enough informative about the cydia app. Now you can download and use this app in your device.